There is an overlooked resource in the poorest communities around the world: local churches. We assist them. We are called Living Stones because children build our tomorrow. We are committed to working with local churches to LEND: Love, Educate, Nourish, and Direct our future—these precious children, often overlooked in their poverty.
"Let these little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14
Like Compassion or World Vision, we work with children, families, and communities to help them break the cycle of poverty. The difference is that we work with local believers through local churches: planting churches and changing communities. Each program is designed for maximum impact for that community, but what makes it a Living Stones program is that church leadership is directly involved, there is a strong educational focus, and it meets four times a week.
We began in rural Brazil, as a pastor saw children in the street and an empty church building. They invited the children in and fed them, teaching them about God and furthering their education. For over 15 years, we’ve been God’s hands to thousands of children, and served hundreds of thousands of meals.
- A growing church plant (if there was no previous church) and community outreach
- Sharing and receiving the love and saving power of Jesus
- Providing a safe place to learn and be educated spiritually, mentally, and physically
- Children and families receiving the nutritional health and hygiene that they need
- Training and direction for families to become self-sustainable, breaking the cycle of poverty and making and becoming leaders in the community
- Connection with long-lasting, reciprocal relationships from church/individual supporters
|Children in Programs||35||170||280||195||150|
|Children that Heard the Gospel||300||300||600||300||400|
If you would like a copy of our Governing Document, with more information about how we run, write email@example.com